Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Love Is The Answer

 


Love Is The Answer

by C.A. Matthews

Light of the world, shine on me
Love is the answer
Shine on us all, set us free
Love is the answer

--From Love Is the Answer by England Dan and John Ford Coley

If you’re reading this, this means I’m still recuperating from a long weekend away to attend my late uncle’s celebration of life. My uncle didn’t want a funeral—he wanted a party. I think it’s a great way to be remembered by your loved ones. To be remembered as a human being embracing life to its fullest and never surrendering to the sadness. To go out fighting for the right and loving others for as long as humanly possible. And he did.

I decided to write this essay before I left town. Since I’ll be without a laptop for a few days, and I have a rather crappy cell phone with a too small screen to read easily, I’ll be in internet withdrawal by the time I return. I’ll probably be incoherent from lack of sleep as well because of the weird early flights I had to take to get there and back again, but it’ll be worth it to see my aunt and cousins and at least two of my siblings together in one place, celebrating our dearly departed loved one as a family.

I realize this piece will probably get zero likes and probably even fewer reads than my recent article entitled The Fight (where in I used the “z-word” once to describe a person’s political viewpoint, forcing Facebook to censor it), but some things need to be said. They need to be said no matter how popular or unpopular they are to the masses. If my worse fault is my bluntness, then so be it...

 

To read the rest of this article, click on this link to go to our Substack page: https://therevolutioncontinues.substack.com  There you'll also see the related article and video links, all the images, and be able to leave comments. You can subscribe to receive the weekly blog post in your email box as well. Subscribe today! Power to the people! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts with us. Just one rule: Be polite. This means no profanity or cursing. No shaming or hate speech. No threats or silliness. This is a family friendly blog. Thank you.